Who are we?
We are a team of young people who help students and young professionals to find accommodation in their destination city.We love to offer an experience that can satisfy those who seek safety, comfort, and tranquility.
In this assistance process, we divide the tasks into 2 parts:
- Floris is in charge of helping young people find the perfect place.
- Ludovic, is in charge of looking for and finding the best accommodations in the destination cities.
Karina, Luis, Eva, Marine, Lea, Marcos, Pablo, also help us in occasional ways so that we can offer the best possible experience.
What is our mission?
We help young people to be part of a global experience and enrich them with encounters with other cultures and nationalities.
How do we select the accommodations on the platform?The lodgings that are offered at Casa Tropical must comply with some criteria that allow us to offer security, tranquility and comfort:
- Clean and tidy spaces
- Equipped room for living and studying (furnished)
- 1 bathroom every 5 people maximum (for a sense of privacy)
- Accommodation equipped for long-term living (equipped kitchen and accessible common areas)
- Security: Safe neighborhood and housing key available
- Services included: internet-wifi, heating, hot and cold water, electricity
What are the advantages of Casa Tropical for young people?
- Booking quality accommodation at a distance without worries
- Access to personalized assistance at any time
- Enjoy a community of students and young professionals united!
What are the advantages of Casa Tropical for the hosts?
- Receive personalized assistance from the Casa Tropical team
- Access to a 100% free platform (no commissions, no costs for publications)
- Enjoy a safe and unique inter cultural experience!
What are the rules for being a good tenant at Casa Tropical?
- Respect people, their cultures, languages, genders, beliefs
- Respect the environments of the accommodation, be careful of the objects made available.
- Respect the conditions of the agreement with the host, who receives it with much affection and good vibes.
- Communicate with the Casa Tropical team and your host whenever necessary.
What are the rules for being a good host at Casa Tropical?
- Respect the youth's space and the privacy they may need.
- Communicate with the Casa Tropical team whenever necessary
- Communicate with your tenant to ensure that the relationship between the two parties is pleasant
- Be responsible and organize a pleasant environment to achieve a beautiful coexistence with the tenant
What is Casa Tropical's pricing policy for young people?
- The young person who wishes to book an accommodation can do so thanks to what we call the "Casa Tropical Deposit". This Booking Deposit is 149 USD one time only and allows us to perform several actions for the benefit of the student:
- Guarantee of reservation of the selected accommodation without sending money from the other side of the world to the host. The payment of the booking deposit is sufficient to book the accommodation.
- Personalised assistance from your Casa Tropical ambassador. He can help you with all your questions in 4 languages (French, English, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Selection of accommodation. You can enjoy the best accommodations in the city, most of them were visited personally.
- Thanks to your participation, apart from enjoying the accommodation, you add value to the community:
- You help us to keep looking for good accommodations
- You help us to finance ourselves so that we can write blog articles or information of interest for you
- You help us to pay the costs of maintaining the website and the servers of the website.
What is Casa Tropical's pricing policy for hosts?
- All of Casa Tropical's website, personalized assistance and tools are free for the hosts*.
*Some VIP tools will only be available for premium accounts (under construction)
How safe is it to make a payment inside Casa Tropical?Payments are very secure for some verifiable reasons:
- No direct payments are made to the homeowner
- You will only pay the owner on arrival (rent and/or security deposit)
- Payments are processed with PayPal. A USA payment tool, present worldwide and offering the best security in digital payment processing.
What are the accepted payment methods?
- American Express
IMPORTANT: You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay the membership fee, it can be directly with VISA, MASTERCARD, or AMERICAN EXPRESS cards.
What is the currency of the Casa Tropical site?
Casa Tropical allows you to see the prices in different currencies, but the payment of the membership fee is made in USD (United States dollars).For your convenience, we offer to see the prices in different currencies. These currency changes are made for information purposes, and in no case can they represent the currency change that your bank may charge to charge the credit/debit card to the platform currency (USD).
Membership fee or booking deposit payments are made in U.S. dollars (USD).
IMPORTANT: Check with your bank the current USD exchange rate for the payment date. Your bank is solely responsible for offering you a change from your currency to the U.S. dollar.
Can I get discounts?
Yes, it is possible to get discounts to lower the amount of the membership fee.
Some actors may offer you a significant discount to lower your membership fee:
- Universities (-20%)
- Student Associations (-10%)
- Bloggers (-10%)
- Instagramers (-10%)
- Other members of the Casa Tropical community (invitation code - 10%)
- Codes found in our social networks (from -5% to -20%)
In order not to reduce the reservation guarantee associated with the membership fee, the discount is recovered when you enter the accommodation.
In the near future, the discount may be applied directly when paying the membership fee.
What is the tenant's refund policy?
- Retraction: from the date of reservation until 48 hours after it: 100% refunded
- Early cancellation: up to 30 days before arrival at the accommodation: 100% refunded
- Late cancellation: from 30 days before the check-in date until the check-in date: loss of the membership fee. The service package is considered received and the entire membership fee is forfeited.
- Disputed reservation: in the event that the accommodation does not correspond to the description of the ad, the tenant must notify within the platform in the first 24 hours after entry. The host will have to reimburse the membership fee to the youth. Casa Tropical will offer another accommodation on the platform which could be visited to expedite entry as soon as possible. No extra charges will be applied, nor new membership fees as the package of services received is considered. Casa Tropical will apologize for the inconvenience and will do everything possible to compensate for the deception of the host and start the stay in the best conditions.
Limitation of liability of Casa Tropical:Casa Tropical is responsible for finding, validating and offering on its platform safe and comfortable accommodations for the stays of young people. Casa Tropical is responsible from the booking of the youth until 24 hours after entry into the accommodation.
By validating the terms and conditions of use of Casa Tropical, the youth accepts the reservation contract and service package offered by Casa Tropical.
Casa Tropical cannot be held responsible for the rental contract that governs the relationship between the youth/tenant and the host/landlord.
What is the protection policy for the host?
- Early cancellation: the tenant cancels 30 days before entering the accommodation: no protection, the calendar is released to receive a new reservation
- Late cancellation: the youth cancels from 30 days before arrival until 15 days before arrival: 50% of the membership fee will be sent to the host.
- Last Minute Cancellation: Cancellation from 15 days prior to check-in to check-in date: 80% of the membership fee will be sent to the host.
- Disputed reservation: in the event that the young person disputes the reservation for the reason that the accommodation booked does not correspond to the advertisement, the host is obliged to reimburse the young person and apologize for the damage caused. The Casa Tropical team will do everything possible to help the young person find other accommodation. The host will have to revise his advertisement so that it is in line with reality. The Casa Tropical team will be available to help the hosts update their announcements.
Casa Tropical's Limitation of Liability:Casa Tropical is responsible for finding, validating, and offering on its platform safe and comfortable accommodations for young people's stays. Casa Tropical is responsible from the youth's reservation until 24 hours after entry into the lodge.
Casa Tropical cannot be held responsible for the rental contract that governs the relationship between the youth/tenant and the host/landlord from the moment the youth enters the lodge.
The host is solely responsible for the contractual relationship between the youth and him, after his entry into the accommodation.
How do I contact Casa Tropical?
You can get in touch through various means of communication:
- Email: email@example.com
- WhatsApp (for tenants): 005493517706446
- WhatsApp (for hosts): 005493517896007
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CasaTrop/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/casatrop/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Casatrop_latam
- Online chat (right here, on the right)